yes easy fries how to!
These are seriously freakin’ delicious - and healthy too! It only takes about a half hour to make them (including cooking time), they’re cheap to make, and always a crowd pleaser.
- Grab as many sweet potatoes as you like, some oil (I used coconut because its what I had on hand. Olive oil would be a healthier choice), and your choice of spices. I like hot paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. You’ll also need a cutting board, a sharp knife, and a baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 450.
- Cut off all the weird crap at the ends of your potatoes and the pointy ends. Those tend to burn and we don’t like that. I don’t bother washing them, but if you do make sure you dry them completely. If you don’t dry them well you’re gonna have sad, soggy potatoes. If you want to peel your potatoes, you can. I dont. The skin comes off super easy after they’re cooked anyway if you don’t like it.
- Chop your potatoes into fries. Do whatever size you like, but try to keep them all about the same thickness. Be careful with pointy ends at the end of your fries - those tend to burn!
- Put 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil on your baking sheet then put fries from one potato on top. Use your hands to coat the fries. The oil makes your hands feel pretty awesome at the end :)
- Sprinkle seasonings on top. Go easy on the salt though - they don’t need much! Toss the potatoes with your hands to coat all sides. A lot of the seasoning will get on your hands, but you won’t need to add more.
- Space ‘em out so they’re not touching eachother
- Bake them at 450 for 15-25 min. It depends on how thick you made the fries. Keep your eye on them and start poking them with a fork about 15 min in. They should be easy to stick, and the undersides should be darkened.
- All done! Dont freak if the bottoms are dark - they should be! Let them cool a bit and don’t leave your friends alone with them (cause they will disappear)
(Source: recoverykitty, via veganfeast)